With the ongoing pressures for psychologists to practice evidence-based care, and the requirement insurance carriers have both for treatment goals, measurement of outcomes, and a focus on brief therapy, functional analysis provides a framework for achieving all of the above. Having proven itself in treating behavioral problems in education, functional analysis is now being applied more broadly to behavioral and psychologial disorders. In his book Functional Analysis in Clinical Psychology , Wiley UK , Sturmey applied the functional behavioral approach to case formulation across a wide range of psychological disorders and behaviors.
Since the publication of his book, no other volume has taken an explicit behavioral approach to case formulation.
Functional Analysis in Clinical Treatment
The changes that have occurred over the last 10 years in behavioral case formulation have been significant and substantial. They include a a large expansion of the range of problems addressed, such as ADHD, b a range of new verbal behavior therapies such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapies, c increased area of activity in the area of autism spectrum disorders; d many publications in how to train professionals, staff and parents in behavioral technology, and e new assessment instruments and procedures. He has published over peer reviewed articles, numerous book chapters.
- Find a copy in the library?
- Información del vendedor.
- Las mil peores poesías de la lengua castellana (Spanish Edition).
- Are mixed legal systems necessarily systems in transition, or can they achieve stability?: Do they remain mixes of Civil and Common law, or can they become ... of their own distinctive type of rules?.
- Le gemelle dizigotiche: Introduzione alla conoscenza sociologica (Teorie e oggetti delle scienze sociali) (Italian Edition).
- The Supercubs! (An exciting adventure for ages 5-9) (The Incredibly Empowering Adventures of the Supercubs Book 1);
He is on the editorial board of several journals, including Research in Developmental Disabilities and Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. His main research interests are developmental disabilities and applied behavior analysis.
School Consultation Brian K. Bestsellers in Clinical Psychology.
- Find a copy online.
- Numerical Methods for Roots of Polynomials - Part I: Pt. 1 (Studies in Computational Mathematics);
- Discovering Padua (Italy Book 10)!
Thinking, Fast and Slow Daniel Kahneman. Act Made Simple Russ Harris.
The Upward Spiral Alex Korb. Art as Therapy John Armstrong. Essentials of Neuropsychological Assessment Nancy Hebben.
Nurturing Resilience Stephen J. Contextual Schema Therapy Robert Brockman. The Mindful Way Workbook J. Physical Comorbidities of Dementia Henry Brodaty. Attachment Narrative Therapy Rudi Dallos.
Functional Analysis in Clinical Treatment.
The Myth of Sanity Martha Stout. Bad Feelings Roy Schafer. Schema Therapy Marjorie E. Counselling Children Kathryn Geldard.
Functional Analysis in Clinical Treatment : Peter Sturmey :
Asperger's Syndrome Tony Attwood. Other books in this series. Individual Case Formulation Richard S. Evidence-Based Treatment Manual for Autism: Culture and Children's Intelligence James Georgas. Table of contents 1.
Functional Analysis Methodology in Developmental Disabilities 5. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder 6. Tic Disorders and Trichotillomania 9. Encopresis and Enuresis Stereotypic Movement Disorder Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders A Functional Perspective on Anxiety