Search WorldCat Find items in libraries near you. Advanced Search Find a Library.
- Human Resource Management (HRM) Performance Management in Theorie und Praxis am Beispiel Frankreich (German Edition).
- Pretty When She Kills: Pretty When She Dies #2;
- Hands-On Project Office: Guaranteeing ROI and On-Time Delivery.
- Autogenes Training (Gesund durch Entspannung 1) (German Edition)?
Search results for 'ti: Access and manage your saved searches from your WorldCat profile page. Refine Your Search Author. An error has occurred.
The Cradle of Thought
Please try your search again later. Results of about Your list has reached the maximum number of items. Please create a new list with a new name; move some items to a new or existing list; or delete some items.
- Transsphenoidal Surgery E-Book (Expert Consult).
- Powers of the Sixth Sense: How to Keep Safe in a Hostile World?
- Assyrian Costumes and Jewelry.
- Fundamental Issues in Defense Training and Simulation (Human Factors in Defence).
- The Cradle of Thought - Peter Hobson - Oxford University Press.
The cradle of thought: The Cradle of Thought. The Interpersonal and Emotional Beginnings of Understanding: Exploring the Origins ofThinking.
- Relational Semantics and the Anatomy of Abstraction (Routledge Studies in Linguistics).
- Our Accountability to God (Gleanings Series Arthur Pink).
- Unforeseen Circumstances.
- 70. Hiding from Love (The Pink Collection).
- Friedli, der Kolderi (German Edition).
- Das politische System der Niederlande: Eine Einführung (German Edition)!
In it, Peter Hobson, a Professor of Developmental Psychopathology at the Tavistock Clinic and the University of London, examines how thought develops in infants, on the subsequent differences in the quality of thinking between individuals and what this suggests about the place of thought in the history of evolution. At its heart is a radical new theory which tackles head-on the ideas of people like Stephen Pinker.
Hobson firmly refutes the notion that thinking is turned on by biologically pre-determined 'modules' in the brain, but that it arises from the nature and quality of the relationship between parent and child in the first eighteen months of life.
He is a psychiatrist trained at the Maudsley Hospital, London, a psychoanalyst trained at the Institute of Psycho-Analysis, London, and academic developmental psychologist with a PhD from the University of Cambridge. His research interests converge upon the significance of interpersonal relations for understanding the course of human development, both typical and atypical.
He has long been intrigued by how consultations in psychoanalytic psychotherapy afford profound insights into human mental life and the potential for development.